Friday, August 13, 2010

Karis goes to Kindergarten

Where have the years gone. It just seems like yesterday that I was sending her mom off to school. I sure don't remember it being this hard when I sent her. Maybe that was because as a mom I knew that was the thing to do, but you see, since that time I have become a grandmother and all the rules have changed. My life forever changed for the better on Oct.4, 2004. The sun shone a little brighter, the moon was much crisper, and life in general had a new meaning.

I'm still saddened that my mom is not here with me to see me experience this thing called grandparenthood. She would relish in the moment of watching me experience what she had tried to explain to me for many years. The joy and beauty that comes with this new found position is unexplainable unless you have experienced it.

Anyway, enough for the mush and on with Karis' first week of kindergarten. Today she brought home a sack with memories of her first week of school.

This is a tracing of her hand with a kiss on it so that if we are missing her we can think of her blowing us a kiss and it will make us feel better.


A picture of her puzzle piece handprint.
A picture of the things she loves to do at school.

Karis, I want you to know that Pop, your uncles and I love you more that life itself. We look forward to watching you grow up, but most of all, I pray for the time that you realize, just like your mama did, that you have a need for Jesus in your heart. I pray for this daily and hope you reach this point at a young age. I heard a saying a few years ago that really made me put things in perspective. It went like this, "If you can put a earthly price tag on something then it has no eternal value." Sweet girl, I promise you there is not a price tag that could ever be put on you. You are more valuable to us than all this world.
We love you.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, I love your design. Amanda pre-warned to bring tissue, I'm glad she gave the heads-up.

    www.meredithlthompson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest blog name and design ever!

    ReplyDelete