Friday, August 27, 2010

My hero

Eleven years ago tonight, my biggest hero left this world and was instantly in the presence of Jesus. After this many years my heart still aches for her. I would love to be able to tell her that I understand that grandmother's love now. She would be so proud of all her grandchildren. I often tell Amanda that I just wish she could see me as a grandmother.

She was a jewel to our family, but more than that, she was loved by all her peers and the people she worked with. She was still working full time at school. She never slowed down.

The Friday that she died she had taken the day off of school so she could have a yard sale. She stood up at the end of the day to straighten a table and fell over with a massive heart attack. She never suffered and died doing what she loved most.

Please don't neglect to love on your moms. Their time here with us is never long enough. I anticipate heaven in a different way because of her. She was and still is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment