Thursday, February 24, 2011

How is this so difficult?

Why is it so difficult for me to keep up with my blog? I wish I had the answer. My daughter does it so beautifully, but obviously she doesn't get it from me. Once again, this is my attempt to capture our days in a blog.

What have Pop and I been up to? Being really hungry!!! Not really. We are both doing weight watchers and we feel like we are being deprived, but the truth is that we are not at all. I have done ww in the past and decided to go back to it because it is the one program that is tried and true. I am loving the new point system, because you can have all the fresh fruit and vegetables that you want and they have no point value. To me, this is big. It has been my saving grace. I am actually going to ww and weighing in, but Pop is just following the program and weighing at home. The first week I lost 13.2 lbs. This was a great boost to keep me motivated. The second week I lost only 1.2 lbs. but it was a loss. The third week I lost 5.2 lbs. This makes a total of 19.6 lbs. gone. I weight in tonight, so we will see. It is very hard to have a feeling about what I have done. I just have to wait and see. I'll post tonight my results. I am not transparent to post my beginning weight just yet. Maybe when I get to where I want to be I will be confident to post my beginning weight, but not yet. So I am sure you can guess that it is bad. So ridiculous to let my weight get so out of hand. To all my younger friends, I would say to get a handle on it now. Once you are 50, it is so much harder. I am exercising on the elliptical every weekday at 5:30. Not very happy about this. There's something wrong with going to sleep in the dark and waking up in the dark. Just shouldn't be!!!

Last night we had the privilege of attending our son-in-law's ordination service. We love Jay so much and are so proud of how he leads his family according to God's Word. Our daughter and grandchildren are surely blessed by having him. We love you Jay.

I have accountability at my house today at 11;30. I have met with these women for the past 6 years on a consistent basis. I love these women more than I can tell you. I know that I can call anyone of them anytime of day and they will be there for me. Recently, during Life Action Summit at our church one of the speakers said accountability is only as good as what you are willing to put on the table. This describes our group so well. We know that we can trust each other with whatever is going on in our lives. I love these women.

1 comment:

  1. 13.2 lbs your first week?!!!!!!!! Holy cow, Mrs. Jane! I have been doing ww since January and lost 13 lbs total and thought I was doing good! You make my average of 2 lbs per week look pitiful. What in the world are you doing to lose so much per week?

    ReplyDelete